5 Free and User-Friendly E-commerce Tools You Should Be Using
How to optimise your online business
Whether you’re a first-time entrepreneur starting your own business or simply someone who’s interested in learning something new, our list of free e-commerce tools and applications will make your working days easier and more exciting!
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use and well-designed platform to sell your products, WooCommerce is the way to go. Aside from a huge array of themes and customisation options, the WordPress plugin makes selling things affordable and accessible.
WooCommerce lets you:
- Manage your inventory and shipping
- Receive secure payments
- View your business analytics at one glance
- Compute taxes automatically — for free!
Promo and discount codes not only provide shoppers with incentives to purchase your goods, it also goes a long way in achieving customer loyalty. If you’re looking for an application to get you started, be sure to check out Bulk Discounts, a free application by Shopify.
Bulk Discounts lets you:
- Generate thousands of discount codes with just a few clicks
- Bulk import discount codes from marketing services such as Groupon and Living Social
- View and delete your discount sets
Sometimes, emailing can be a hassle — especially if you want to be kept in the loop and have to keep requesting to be CC’ed in everything. Or – horror of horrors! – you may not be able to find an email thread you forwarded to three other departments. Those aren’t problems you’ll face with Slack, a messaging platform for teams that brings all communication together with a single, consolidated archive accessible to everyone.
Slack lets you:
- View communication across all departments or teams
- Send messages and documents across a user-friendly text messaging interface like WhatsApp
- Access archives of messages and files available not just to people on the team today, but those who start next week or month
Forget confusing passwords and missing your optimal post times with Hootsuite, a social relationship software platform that allows you to manage multiple social media accounts all from one place. Always evolving, it currently allows users to handle more than thirty-five popular social networks, including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Hootsuite lets you:
- Schedule posts beforehand
- Connect with customers
- Review responses
- See what others are saying about your brand
- Receive social media analytics
Prices vary for different Hootsuite versions, depending on how many features you need. But even then, the free version allows you up to five social profiles, basic analytics and reports, advanced post scheduling, and up to two RSS feeds.
Having customer reviews on your store is a major advantage as many online shoppers make their buying decisions based on those reviews. The free Product Reviews app by Shopify lets customers write reviews of your products, then posts the reviews on your website for future customers to read.
Product Reviews also:
- Offers easy customisation options
- Boosts SEO-friendly review scores
- Allows users to hide and filter reviews
- Encourages customers to engage with you and each other
These features provide a user-friendly experience for your team and ultimately help your business increase sales.
Looking for more e-commerce tips? Also read: